Thursday 21 July 2011

21 JUL 11 -- Bench

Bench 3 x 3 with a training max of 340 lbs.

Warm up sets

45 x 25
135 x 5
170 x 5
205 x 3

Working sets

270 x 3
290 x 3
305 x 8

The left tricep has been feeling a little sore lately, and today I was feeling that soreness during the warm up and first two working sets. I had set my goal for 10 reps today, but was only able to crank out 8. Not certain why, but it could possibly be due to the night shifts, the heat, so forth. I am still 5 reps ahead of the requisite number of 3, however, so that's good for now.

Trained some singles afterwards:

325 x 2 (just felt like doing 2)
335 x 1
345 x 1

I was feeling sluggish during the assistance work today, and it seemed difficult as I waded through it.

Bench press 225 x 10, 205 x 10, and close grip bench press 205 for 3 x 10.
Bodyweight chin ups 10, 10, 10, 5, 5, 5, and 5.

That was it, and I don't think I could have done anymore, as I was just feeling sapped today. Next week I am on 3-11 shift, so I am hoping for more crispness in the next week's workouts. I will also be hitting the tire again next week, as well as planning for some farmer's walk work too.

I was thinking today after the workout of how awesome it will be to see 4 big plates on either side of the bar for bench press.  I am looking forward to that day, and after this competition in August, I may change things around to speed up bench improvement. As stated in a previous entry, I am more interested in getting a bigger bench than anything else. I don't know why that is, but it is a goal which I am focused on, and the day I can get a 405 lbs bench is the day I plan to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment