Tuesday 19 July 2011

19 JUL 11 -- Dead Lift

Today was a lot better than yesterday. I had more sleep, uninterrupted as well, opting to hit the gym at suppertime, instead of in the afternoon. The extra sleep made a difference.

Dead lift training max is 510 lbs, and it's 3 x 3 day.

Warm up sets
205 x 5
255 x 5
305 x 3

Working sets
410 x 3
435 x 3
460 x 8

The last set felt very good, and I could have squeezed out 10 reps. Then I worked on singles:

515 x 1
520 x 1
535 x 1

The last one felt awesome, went up smooth, and I had a nice lockout at the top which I maintained while enjoying the feeling of having heaved this bitch. Definitely a better workout than yesterday!

Assistance work was light and controlled:

Barbell shrugs 5 x 10 with 225 lbs.
Chin ups 3 x 10 bodyweight (to make up for missing yesterday's)
Facepulls 3 x10 with 60 lbs (for variation)
Incline sit ups 2 x 20 bodweight.

Tomorrow, I'll do some hill sprints or sled pulls. It's supposed to be really hot and humid outside, so we'll see how that goes. I read a news report stating that the rest of the summer is going to be like this. Wow.....

A little Alice In Chains for the day `~`

No comments:

Post a Comment