Sunday 9 September 2012

09 SEP 12 -- Deadly Sunday

I just finished working a stint of two twelve-hour night shifts. After waking up this afternoon, I made my way to the gym for a 3+ dead lift session. Although the weather is sort of the pits, overcast and rainy, I was still in a great mood and felt ready to accomplish the workout ahead.

Training max is 415 lbs.

After the warm up sets, I trained 80, 85 and 90% of the set max:

330 x 3
355 x 3
375 x 15

The rep goal was to do twelve, but the deads were going up crisp and fast, and I had the energy to crack off 3 more. Again, the energy was present to do one or two more, but following Wendler's advice, I stayed short of failure.

Assistance work was barbell shrugs for traps and grip:

275 x 20
285 x 10
300 x 10

Incline bodyweight sit ups, with the board on a steep incline: 15, 15, 10

That was a wrap. Tomorrow it's bench and I need some rest, not only from my night shifts, but also to build energy to work through the session ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment