Sunday 25 September 2011

The Hills are Alive !

I never got around to getting those hill sprints done the other day. So, when I woke up this morning, I thought that there's no better time than now to get them in. It was a good decision, not only because they need to be worked on, but also because of the beautiful autumn day.

The hill I use for the sprints is out in the countryside, on the outskirts of the town I live in. It is a very long, steep hill that can be used for distance increments. I like to park the car at the bottom, do a little stretching, then start with a warm up run on the hill. The next several sprints are done all-out. Today, since I haven't done these in a while, I kept it at four sprints. The distance for each sprint is about 80 yards. It was a good workout and a nice start for my plan to reincorporate these into my training.

As mentioned, it's a beautiful day here, the leaves have changed colour, the air is nice and cool and a wonderful breeze is blowing. Along the edge of the dirt road on the hill, there are plenty of walnut trees and bush and once you arrive at the top of the hill, you can see for miles over the valley. I am very grateful to live where I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment