Friday 2 September 2011

02 SEP 11 -- Lifting the Dead

I was up late last night. I'm still on vacation from work, but for the past two days, I've been at home getting caught up on things, clean up and so on. I finally hit the sack at 4:30 a.m., then awoke 4 hours later to the sound of my dad ringing the doorbell. I think he wanted his lawn cut.  Right now, I feel like a bag of you know what, lol.

The dead lift bumps up 10 lbs for the next wave, moving to 530 lbs, and today is 3 x 5 workout.

Warm up sets

210 x 5
265 x 5
320 x 3

Working sets

345 x 5
400 x 5
450 x 5

I just stuck with the requisite number of reps today, as per Wendler's suggestion for this week. As to who was more dead, the barbell on the floor or the guy standing over it, is a matter of speculation.

Assistance work:

Barbell shrugs 265 lbs for 2 x 15, 315 for 10, then a set of 7 (the bar was getting slippery from my sweaty palms...the gym was really warm due to the heat wave in the area).

Chin ups

Bodyweight x 10
35 lbs x 2 x 4
47.5 x 2 x 3
50 x 2
55 x 2
60 x 2

I finished with two sets of power cleans doing 5 reps per set with 135 lbs. The objective was to do them as explosively as possible, working on speed, snap and good form. They looked alright in the mirror. I was thinking of adding some dumbbell rows, but just didn't have the zeal for it today. It was a good workout regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment