Thursday 8 September 2011

08 SEP 11 -- Return of the Overhead Press

Today, I made the decision to continue with the training max of 245 lbs for overhead press. It was the right decision as you will see.  3 x 3 day:

Warm up sets

45 x 15
100 x 5
125 x 5
145 x 3

Working sets

195 x 3
210 x 3
220 x 3

Happily, I was able to meet my requisite reps on my last set. I tried going for 4, but the bar wouldn't move up past the halfway mark. Nevertheless, I am pleased that my strength has returned, and that I was able to meet today's requisite...hope on the horizon !

I did two sets of push presses after:

225 x 2
235 x 1

Assistance work continued on with overhead pressing movements. No chin ups or dips today, because I want to focus on upwards mechanics.

Barbell press behind neck 125 lbs for 4 x 8, 135 lbs for a set of 8
One arm dumbbell press 40 lbs for 3 x 15 each side.

Here is a master of the shoulder press, Mr. Mariusz Pudzianowski. I can't pronounce his last name, but what he is demonstrating in this video transcends all language barriers:

No comments:

Post a Comment