Friday 30 September 2011

30 SEP 11 -- Squat Your Way to Success

I'm running out of titles for my blog entries, lol. Please excuse the nutty title for today's post.

Squat moves up 10 lbs for a new training max of 530 lbs and today is 3 x 5 in the wave.

Warm up sets

135 x 5
210 x 5
265 x 5
320 x 3

Working sets

345 x 5
400 x 5
450 x 5

As I've been doing this part of the wave, I'm just sticking with the requisite reps on the last set. The last set was form-focused and I made sure to go as deep as I could. After the last set, I actually didn't feel like doing anymore. A co-worker of mine was in the gym this morning, and we chatted a bit before my workout, something which may have thrown me off a bit. Regardless, I continued on with the workout, doing the assistance work.

Squat 265 lbs for 5 x 10.

Front squat

135 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 5
225 x 5

The front squat is moving ahead slowly, as I am experimenting with what I am capable of doing. The last set was heavier than last week, twenty pounds more, and it still felt good. Keeping the bar tight, and looking up to the point on the ceiling is helping my form, and I was able to go really deep on these. It seems somewhat odd, however, in that I am doing much less on a squat than what I would be doing on movement such as bench press.

No comments:

Post a Comment