Friday 12 October 2012

12 OCT 12 -- Double or Nothing

My workouts are always second place to the day to day duties and events in my life: family duty and my job. Some people put play before work, however, I cannot say that I am a member of that camp. Often, I work extra hours at work, and in the past there was a time when I was putting in at least twenty hours of overtime per week, every week, for several years. Raising my children and providing for their needs has always been my priority and if there is one thing that sickens me, it's a deadbeat dad. However, I digress...(end of rant)....

Today was a doubled up day. I can't hit the gym tomorrow, due to my work schedule, so I decided to combine two workouts --> bench and squat! It's 1+ day for both movements.

Bench training max is 310 lbs:

75% = 235 x 5
85% = 265 x 3
95% = 295 x 11

I was able to exceed my rep target by one on that last set.

Squat training max is 405 lbs:

75% = 305 x 5
85% = 345 x 3
95% = 385 x 5

Unfortunately, I came up short by 3 on my rep target for that movement. I worked sixteen hours overtime this week, and also burned my arm at work yesterday, singing all the hairs off of my left forearm. (Wahhhh!!!!) Put in notes: tired and sore today, lol.

No assistance work today. Next week, I will be observing a deload week, one that is overdue. The focus will be on conditioning, hill sprints et al.




No comments:

Post a Comment