Tuesday 28 June 2011

28 JUNE 11 -- Dead Lift

Dead lift day, with training max set at 500 lbs. The warm up sets typically go, 40, 50, then 60% of that number:

200 (I set it at 205 because I was too lazy to put a bunch of little weights on the bar) x 5
250 x 5
300 x 3

Then, the working sets, which run at 65, 75, and then 85% of the training max number. Each set for this particular week has a requisite number of 5 reps. The trainee may go all-out on the last set, shooting for 5+ reps, but Wendler prefers that the number of reps stay only at the requisite in order to allow the body enough recovery from the week previous (which was all-out on the last set).

325 x 5
375 x 5
425 x 5

The assistance work, which allows for hypertrophy as well as strengthening of the muscle groups involved in the main lift of the day, was divided into three parts:

Dead lift for 5 x 10 reps at 250 lbs. I kept the rest between sets at a minimal period of time, so it was a bit of a cardio workout as well. I was soaked with sweat doing these, as the gym was rather warm today.

Dumbbell shrugs: 100 lbs each hand for 3 x 15 reps.

2 x 20 bodyweight (BW) sit ups on the incline sit up bench.

It was a great workout, and there was a nice breeze when I stepped outside of the gym, so I went for a country cruise in the car with the windows down to enjoy some fresh air and sunshine. I am working night shift this week, 11-7, so I am a little tired today, and glad that the schedule didn't require an all-out workout. Next week will be the grueling sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment