Tuesday 28 August 2012

Black Beans, Quinoa and Bench Pressing

Worked a twelve-hour shift today, things went well, and hit the gym after work for a bench press session. I felt energized, having eaten several meals of stir-fried quinoa, black beans, and veggies (supper last night and leftovers today). This food combination works well for keeping carbed up for the workouts ahead. Right now, I am working on cleaning up my eating, drinking lots of water, lots of fresh veggies, fruit and meat.

Bench press working weight is 295 lbs and I'm on the 5/3/1 week of the wave.

Warm ups with the regular percentages, and then 75%, 85%, and 95% respectively:

220 x 5
250 x 3
280 x 10

My goal was ten reps for the last set, so I was not disappointed, and I think I could've squeezed off another one with some red line effort.

Singles: 300 x 1, 315 x 1, 325 x 1

Assistance work:

Close-grip bench press 185 lbs for 5 x 10
Dumbbell rows 85 lbs for 5 x 10 each arm.
Dips at bodyweight 2 x 10 (should've done a third set, but called it wraps as I needed to get back to the house).

Everything felt great and it was satisfying to see a good all-out set.


No comments:

Post a Comment